Wireless Site Surveys: Why are they vital to supporting network infrastructures?
Wireless Site Survey Overview
A wireless site survey is the process of examining, analyzing, and documenting the RF environment surrounding an existing or future wireless network implementation. It matters because the survey determines optimum network access point (AP) locations, frequency use for the effective coverage range, environment signal to noise analysis, frequency channel selection, radio power levels, and the proper selection of technologies necessary to enable constant connectivity of mobile and fixed devices to the supporting network infrastructure.
Studies indicate most existing wireless networks are not optimally designed or deployed correctly and often do not provide intended service levels. These same studies promote the execution of a stringent site survey which includes design, technical requirements, and deployment strategies before implementation occurs. Wireless networks are continuously pushed to the limits as mobile device density increases and use of high bandwidth consuming applications grow.
The ACD Telecommunications Wireless Site Survey
At ACD Telecommunications we take pride in our site survey capability and the delivery of a professionally prepared Survey Report to support the needs of our wireless network clients.
Our Site Survey methodology is designed to facilitate the thorough gathering of survey data, robust use of survey tools, and the rapid generation of the final survey report. We designed our survey process to reduce the time the client waits for the report to be published. We also focus on the most cost effective coverage and robust bandwidth solution. This enables our clients to implement a network solution that meets their needs today, supports future needs based on growth, and provides the most cost effective use of current wireless network technologies.
The ACD Telecommunications Survey Considerations
Prior to any site survey effort, the ACD Telecommunications engineer will consider the following client issues, concerns, and requirements:
· Comprehensive knowledge of the client network requirements
· Up front cost analysis, schedule considerations, and budget limitations
· An understanding of client network needs today and into the future
· Any technical barriers or special manufacturer requirements
The ACD Telecommunications Survey Methodology
The site survey methodology deployed by ACD Telecommunications is designed to facilitate the most thorough survey possible with the least impact to the client environment, schedule, and daily operations. Our survey attempts to be a least obtrusive and as thorough as allowed by the client and network environment.
· The goal of a single site visit to each location
· Detailed documentation of all survey related data
· Delivery of a comprehensive survey report and network design
The ACD Telecommunications site survey makes use of the latest survey tools available on the market. Our engineers use state of the art spectrum and network analysis tools to gather data for the following RF factors:
· Spectral bandwidth use by devices inside and outside the client network
· Signal to Noise ratios for segmented regions within the network
· Physical barriers to signal propagation and coverage limitations
The ACD engineer will also evaluate the network environment for other physical factors such as the following:
· Physical mounting assets and mounting asset capabilities
· Attributes of terrain and limitations imposed on the network design
· Power asset availability and power attributes with network assets
· Environmental concerns-air traffic, animals, and other interference
· Aesthetics , physical issues created by the network deployment
ACD Telecommunications Site Survey Deliverables
The primary deliverable of a site survey is a comprehensive survey report. ACD Telecommunications realizes that any technology project is influenced by factors such as schedule, budget, and resource availability. The ACD Program Management team implements business methods to ensure the survey report addresses all client concerns, is written in a clear and concise manner, and is delivered in a timely manner to ensure a minimal impact to the overall project schedule. In the ACD survey report our clients will find the following information:
· An overall description of the survey project
· A description of the technical requirements and specifications
· A Statement of Work for the execution and delivery of the survey
· A findings summary and Executive Summary of the survey
· Technical and design recommendations based on the survey findings
· Captured screen shots of the actual Spectrum Analysis during the survey
· Screenshots of the current RF environment around the network site
· Noise factors present in the environment at the time of the survey
· ACD consults with the client to discuss the survey findings and report
Do you have further questions or would your business like to schedule a wireless site survey or interested in a Survey Report? Contact us at 800-988-6511 or firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you!